There are two steps for using a customer owned domain name with the site that we build, one performed by us and one performed by the customer.
- You must supply us with a list of the domain names that you wish to use with the site that we built for you.
- We enter these domain name(s) into our database to associate the domain name with the specific site that we built for you.
You must modify the DNS records for the domain name to point the @ and www records to our server, 188.8.131.52.
- You will need to know which domain registrar, i.e. Network Solutions, GoDaddy, INWW, etc. If you don't remember, enter your domain name (without the www) in www.networksolutions.com/whois.
- You have the username and password to your account at your registrar.
- You will then need to log into the DNS manager provided by the registrar and update the @ and WWW records to point to 184.108.40.206.
We can help you with Step 2c but you will have to get your username and password to log into the registrar yourself. If you have a webmaster who has registered this for you, be cautious that they don't hold you hostage for your own domain name. You should always be listed as the Registrant.